Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Walgreen's Rocks!

I decided to make a quick trip to Walgreen's and check out some of the Valentine clearance and grab a few items. I am so glad I did! On my first trip, I didn't bring my coupon binder, just some Lysol and Hershey's coupons. Then I found some rockin' clearance so I ran home and grabbed my binder. For all the stuff you are about to see I only spent $4.36 OOP! I'm still hyperventilating! It did put me over budget for the week, but I'll get over it. I just did. (It'll come out of next week's budget.)


My first trip I got:
4 rolls of paper towels - $2.07


2 Lysol wipes - $3.79 (these were B1G1 and I used 2 $1.00 off 1 coupons) = $1.79


2 bags of Hershey's candy - $1.24 (- $2.00 off 2 coupon) = $.76 overage!


1 mini Valentine's treat sacks - $.24


Paid $4.09 on a gift card, so ZERO OOP. The cashier said "409 - hey, you didn't get any 409!" trying to make a joke. So I was funny back and said "No, I didn't get any 409, but if I had, I would have used a coupon :)." He didn't laugh. I don't think he got it.


So I hurried home because they had all this deodorant on clearance and I KNEW I had some coupons I grabbed my coupon binder and ran back to Walgreen's. So the second trip yielded all this:


2 Disney kid plates - $.50

2 DeMet's Turtles - $4.98 (- 2 $1.50 off 1 coupon - I got these from my coupon train) = $1.98 (these were regularly $9.99 each!)

2 Mott's Apple Juice - $4.00

1 Walgreen's Multi-purpose solution - $1.99 (this is a FREE after rebate item)

1 2 pack Sure deodorant - $1.24 (on clearance) (-$1.00 off 1 coupon - again coupon train) = $.24

1 2 pack Secret deodorant - $1.24 (on clearance) (-.25 off coupon) = $.99

2 2 packs Old Spice deodorant $2.48 (on clearance) (-$1.00 off 2 coupon) = $1.48 (This isn't the exact brand that my husband likes, but he said he will use it! yay!)

My total after coupons and tax was $12.17, I put $7.81 on my gift card and paid $4.36 OOP! Can you tell I'm excited? Want to get even more excited? Check out the !Centsible Sawyer's Drugstore Divas

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin