Friday, July 31, 2009

Recipe Swap - Busy Day Ham Bake

I made this last week and promised to do a post if it was good. IT WAS GOOD! I had to improvise a little bit because I didn't have everything on hand to make it, but I'm sure the original was just as good as my improvisation!

Original Recipe - Busy Day Ham Bake (Taste of Home's 2002 Quick Cooking Annual Recipes page 144 - I got this at a yard sale for $.50 - I use it all the time!)

1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
1 10 oz. pkg frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
1 c. cooked rice
1 c. cubed fully cooked ham
1/4 c. sour cream
1/4 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. dry bread crumbs
1 T. butter or margarine, melted

In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Toss bread crumbs in butter, sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through.

My version - Busy Day Ham Bake

1 can cream of mushroom soup (I didn't have cheddar cheese soup)
1 12 oz. pkg frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
1 c. cooked rice (I had this already cooked and in the freezer! Try it some time!)
1 c. cubed fully cooked ham
1/4 c. sour cream
1/4 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. dry bread crumbs
1 T. butter or margarine, melted
shredded mozzarella cheese

I followed the directions above except sprinkled cheese on top, then the bread crumbs.

It was good and so creamy.

Enjoy!

For more recipes this week check out The Grocery Cart Challenge!
-Michelle

1 comment:

Unknown said...

MaxiMove LTD are a family run removal company offering home removals and same-day collection and delivery services at a competitive price. It's our goal to listen to our customers and put their requirements first and to provide you with an efficient, reliable and personalised service ensuring your moving day runs smoothly.
House clearance Liverpool
House clearance Liverpool

Blog Widget by LinkWithin