Thursday, September 4, 2008

Who are you?...and why should I read your blog?

I have started to get a little bit more traffic on my blog (YAY!) so for those of you who are reading this (thank you)...you may just wonder who I am. I personally love to read the personal stuff about others whose blogs I like to read. So here we are...




...and here is a little about me and my family. I am a wife to a wonderful husband of 8 years and a mother to two beautiful children - a son 3 years old and a daughter 11 months. I have been working full time at a credit union for the past 9 years and I have loved it, but I had felt like my family was suffering. After I had my daughter in September I knew that I could not keep up my home, family, and 2 kids - it was just too much. My husband and I prayed and discussed what we could do and finally just made the decision for me to work part time. Unfortunately due to poor past financial choices, it is not possible for me to stay home full time (sigh). But we set a date, made some plans, paid off certain debts, and I was finally able to go part time on July 1st, 2008. We have felt so good about this decision and everything has fallen into place for us. I work part time (2 days per week) for the credit union and I love it. It seems to be the perfect balance of family time and work time with a job I enjoy. After working full time so long 2 days are like a breath of fresh air! I love all my "free" time that I have now filled with spending more time with my kids, keeping my house clean, working on projects around the house, and of course - blogging!



Soon after I went part time in July I discovered the frugal blogging community and have never looked back. I have always been interested in frugality and have generally made frugal decisions my whole life. These last few months, though, I have been amazed at all the creative ways that others use to save money on everything and I have loved joining the bandwagon (not to mention all the money I have saved so far)! I know that our newfound frugal lifestyle will help us accomplish our ultimate goals...get out of debt, stay home for good, plan for retirement, etc...etc...etc...



Thanks for coming along for the ride!

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Thats great that you are getting to stay home pt. I enjoy your blog, and just started about a month ago with really trying a more frugal lifestyle for our family. I am a sahm as well. Thanks for all the tips. Happy late birthday!!

Fabulessly Frugal said...

To answer your question about the discount Josiah can offer it is $20 off of shipping or more if you order more. I will update that in the post.
It is not as cost effective as couponing that is for sure. But I do think it will work for some. I have had people asking how they can get more healthy foods and I think this helps, plus the shelf life and the ease of storage will make it beneficial for many. Monica

Blog Widget by LinkWithin