Saturday, March 21, 2009

Apple Pie Filling Cake

I actually got this recipe from a cookbook called 101 Things to do with a Cake Mix by Stephanie Ashcroft. I have used this cookbook a lot - I have a lot of cake mixes. There are many times I can get them FREE or nearly FREE with coupons, so I have a lot in my stockpile. There are some really fun recipes in this book - I highly recommend it (check out my sidebar to get your own copy)!

1 white cake mix

1/3 c. oil

2 eggs

1/2 c. water

1 21 oz can apple pie filling

Preheat oven to 350. Mix together cake mix, oil, eggs, and water. Pour mixture into a greases 9x13 in pan. Add dollops of pie filling and then "marble" it with a butter knife. Bake for 30-35 minutes.

Glaze:

1 T. margarine, melted

1 c. powdered sugar

1/2 t. vanilla

splash of hot water

Combine all ingredients, drizzle over warm cake. This was really good. I would also add some cinnamon - either to the glaze or the cake mix. The cake is better warm, so we put it in the microwave for about 20 seconds.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin