Monday, March 2, 2009

Weekly Shopping Trip

This week I only had $28.87 to get me through the week. I was very happy with how I made it stretch. My first stop was the Hostess Bakery Thrift Store. Here is what I got:

2 Don Julio tortillas - $2.70

6 loaves of bread - $10.14


Net OOP: $13.61


You probably notice there are 7 loaves in the picture. As I was getting ready to leave, the cashier asked me if I would like a FREE loaf of bread. Of course, I said yes! I'm still not sure why he offered, but heck I'll take it! Also, the loaf on the bottom right is missing the heel - I let my kids split it on the walk home :).


My next stop was Fred Meyer. I did this in 2 transactions because I wanted to finish up my MasterCard gift card I used part of here.


In the first transaction I got:

2 dozen eggs - $1.59 (these were B1G1Free)


1 med cheddar cheese - $3.99

1 pkg. turkey Italian sausage - $1.99


Net amount: $8.03

Used gift card OOP Zero!!!



Here is my second transaction:
2 gallons milk - $3.98

1 pkg. mushrooms (clearanced) - $.89

1 pkg. rosemary - $1.99

1 lemon - $.59

1 cottage cheese - $1.25

2 vegetable oil - $4.70


Net OOP: $14.21



One last stop - Walgreen's. I got:

2 Reynold's wrap aluminum foil - $1.78 (w/in ad coupon) (- 2 $1.00 off Reynold's wrap) = $.22 overage

1 packet M&M's (not pictured) - $.89

Net OOP: $.83

I am now $.22 under budget. Not a bad haul considering I had less than $30.00 to spend! Woo hoo!

Check out The Grocery Cart Challenge's weekly roundup HERE to see how others have stretched their budgets!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I have a Hostess outlet near me and I always wondered if it was worth it to go in. Now I see from what you got, its worth it to give it a shot. Thanks!

twomoms said...

At the Sara Lee outlet that I go to, if you spend more then 10.00 you can pick a free item from a cart, maybe Hostess does the same thing. I love bread outlets, when I was little I remember going with my mom and they use to have punch cards that was awesome, but they dont do that anymore.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin