Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Works for me Wednesday - Uses for Tortillas

No, I don't make my own tortillas. Honestly, I have never tried. I do love them, though. I have realized that they are extremely versatile and I love trying new things with them. I can get a package of 10 at the Hostess Bakery Thrift Store for $1.35, so they are pretty cheap. Here are a few of the ways I have used tortillas:

++Tacos
++Wraps (add chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, and ranch! Yum!)
++Cinnamon roll ups (put butter, cinnamon, and sugar microwave for a few seconds, roll up and eat)
++Mini pizzas (add sauce and other pizza toppings)
++Fun burritos (add shredded BBQ pork or chicken, rice, and cheese)
++Enchiladas
++Breakfast burritos (eggs scrambled with salsa, add cheese YUM!)

I LOVE finding creative ways to use tortillas - it works for me! Check out We are THAT Family for other Works for Me Wednesday topics this week!




6 comments:

Moore Minutes said...

mmMMmm tortillas. Had to click on this link because I'm a tortilla fan. The pizza idea is a great one that I've never tried! I will have to do that. Thanks. :)

Tiffany said...

I love tortillas, too. My Aldi has them for .99, so I'm always stocked up! Thanks for the ideas!

(visiting from WFMW!)

Maren said...

YUM the cinnamon idea sounds like a great quick breakfast!

Tracy said...

Has anyone ever tried making your own tortilla chips for a healthier snack for the kids???
We really like the whole wheat version as well. The kids don't know the difference. Can't find them at aldi in whole wheat though. But they aren't too much more. I will definitely be trying the cinnamon thing too!

Frugal Sara said...

Great ideas. We love to just put some shredded cheese on tortillas and microwave them. Add sour cream and salsa...yum!

SavingSomeGreen said...

Thanks for the comments everyone. I would love to try to make tortilla chips, Tracy. Do you have a recipe?

-Michelle

Blog Widget by LinkWithin