Saturday, May 2, 2009

Creamy Chicken & Chile Enchiladas

I made some super yummy enchiladas this week and I found the recipe on the back of the Old El Paso enchilada sauce can! I love it when I find a gem. You have to try these :)!

Here is the original recipe:
1 lb uncooked chicken breast strips
1 pkg cream cheese cut into cubes
1 can Old El Paso chopped green chiles
1 pkg old El Paso Flour tortillas for soft tacos and fajitas
2 cans Old El Paso green chile enchilada sauce
3/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese

1. Heat oven to 400. Pray 13x9 inch glass baking pan with cooking spray.

2. In 10-in nonstick skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center. Stir in cream cheese and chiles; reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir until blended and cream cheese is melted.

3. Spoon chicken filling onto tortillas; roll up and place seam side down in baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over top. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.

I made the following modifications:
I already had shredded cooked chicken in my freezer, so I used that. I warmed it in the microwave and heated the cream cheese, chiles, and chicken together in a pot.

I used one can of enchilada sauce. I think two would be to soggy.

I used Monterrey jack cheese, it was all I had - it was really good.

Check out some more great recipes on The Grocery Cart Challenge's Recipe Swap!

-Michelle

2 comments:

Scott Franson Photography said...

Thanks for posting this, it sounds just yummy.
Claudia
claudiafranson.blogspot.com

WebHelperPro: Accelerate Your Internet said...

I used one can of enchilada sauce. I think two would be to soggy.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin