Friday, October 2, 2009

Frugal Friday - Frugal Decorating

Last week or so I asked for some ideas and/or advice on cheap decorating. Sometimes I just get sick of the way things look and am itching for a change. On of the comments came from my flesh and blood (as opposed to Internet :)) friend Elisa. She said:

Some designer on Oprah said to go "shopping" in your house. Go from room to room and browse the pieces in your house and pick up the ones you like. Then take the pieces and put them in other rooms or move them from the shelf that they've been on for 10 years

That is exactly what I did...well sort of. I needed somewhere to put these pieces. I purchased an unfinished shelf from Michael's for $7.49, painted it, then added the pieces from around my house.


The funny thing is, these things were all in different places and/or in storage, but they totally match on this shelf! I love it!

I guess the point is that if you purchased something at one point, you probably still like it. Switching, changing, and rearranging could be just the thing you need for a "new" look!

Frugal Friday is hosted each week on Life as Mom - go check it out for some more frugal ideas!

2 comments:

Us said...

Glad I could be of assistance :)

Niki Jolene said...

Now THAT is a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

:)

Stop over and see me sometime over at Free2BeFrugal.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin