Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Yummy Snickerdoodles!

Today I felt like baking so I made some YUMMY snickerdoodles. This is my grandma's recipe and it is so good, so I thought I'd share. It is also very easy and I always have the ingredients on hand.

Grandma's Snickerdoodles

1 c. shortening

1 1/2 c. sugar

2 eggs

2 3/4 c. flour

2 tsp. cream of tartar

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

2 tsp. cinnamon

2 T. sugar

Mix together thoroughly the shortening, sugar, and eggs. Sift together and stir in flour, cream of tartar, soda, and salt. Chill dough (I never do this). Roll into balls about the size of walnuts. (I use the Pampered Chef small scoop.)

Mix together the 2 tsp. cinnamon and 2 T. sugar roll balls in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.


Do you want to see some more great recipes? Check out The Grocery Cart Challenge's Recipe Swap!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

WendyDarling said...

I love making snickerdoodles!! :-) After seeing your post, I think I may make some today. :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin