Thursday, October 16, 2008

Monthly Mission - Menu Plan

As I have posted before, my Monthly Mission this month is to spend only $100.00 on groceries. I only have $15.86 left for the rest of the month! I checked out the freezer and the pantry and came up with 17 dinners for the rest of the month. I won't necessarily do them in this order, but based on this list all I will have to buy is a bag of potatoes (cheap!), milk, and sour cream for the rest of the month. So here is what I have planned:

Dinners
Hamburger Helper, vegetable

Tuna Helper, vegetable

Spaghetti, vegetable, garlic toast

Chili, jello salad, corn muffins

Baked Potato Bar, with chili, cheese, sour cream, etc.

Roast, Mashed Potatoes, and Gravy, vegetable, rolls

BBQ Chicken Pizza, jello salad - this is an experiment, if it works I'll post a recipe :)

Smoked Sausage, Potatoes, vegetable

Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, pasta salad

Humpty Dumpty, biscuits, vegetable - I have no idea why it is called this, it is an old family favorite, it is a can of cream of mushroom soup, a can of tuna (drained), and a cup of milk. Heat on the stove until warm. It is a gravy to go over the biscuits. It's really yummy!

Chicken and Stuffing Casserole, fruit

Smoked Sausage, pasta roni, vegetable

Ham and Cheese Bisquick Pie, vegetable

Mashed Potato Hot Dogs, vegetable

Home Baked Mac and Cheese, vegetable

Taco Soup, fruit, corn muffins

Chicken Helper, vegetable

Lunches
Leftovers

Sandwiches (PB&J, tuna, ham, grilled cheese)

Soup (I have a lot of cans of soup)

Ravioli (I have a lot of cans of ravioli)

Pasta Roni

Rice with butter and salt

Breakfast
Most weekdays we eat cold cereal or oatmeal for breakfast (we currently have plenty of both!)

Eggs and toast

Pancakes and sausage

Waffles (eggo)

Breakfast Burritos - scrambled eggs with salsa and cheese in a tortilla. Yummy!

I may not make everything depending on our leftover situation. My hubby usually takes most of the leftovers to work for lunch and I eat some for lunch the next day too. Sometimes we have enough to eat for dinner the next day too. Of course, I also have to plan for snacks we will plan on:

Popcorn (cheap)

Cookies

Brownies (mix)

Sunflower Seeds

Raisins

Canned Fruit

Granola Bars

Goldfish

Ritz Chips

Graham Crackers and Peanut Butter (my hubby thinks this is wierd, but I think it is so good!)

Chips and Salsa

Thank goodness for my stockpile!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin