Monday, October 27, 2008

Monthly Mission - Making Dinner

So it is 27 days into my Monthly Mission challenge ($100.00 grocery budget for month), and we are still eating great! It would seem that we would be down to beans and rice, but thanks to my stockpile we are just fine. This is what we had for dinner on Friday. I had this great roast in the freezer that I got on sale a few months ago - it is a big roast and we have a lot of leftovers, so I am also going to try this recipe this next week. I also had some Rhodes rolls in the freezer that were totally buried by my freezer stockpile. I was excited to find them and make them!

I still have $5.79 left in my budget for the month and a $3.00 Register Rewards. I have 1 1/2 gallons of milk left. We are doing just great! I can't wait until Saturday - I have already started my shopping list, but I will stay within my budget. I really just need a green salad soon or I am going to go insane!

2 comments:

Us said...

Awesome job!! I've been following along this month and am so proud of you! Perhaps soon my stockpile will allow me to do the same.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Now I just need to take your lead for a month! What great restraint!! :-) I'm proud of you.

Gabrielle

Blog Widget by LinkWithin