Friday, October 31, 2008

What's left of my stockpile?


I made it through the month only spending $100.00 for groceries. I can't believe it! I feel like I climbed Mt. Everest - just kidding, but it does feel great to set and achieve a goal! I am so grateful for the items that I have stockpiled over the past several months. My stockpile is the reason I was able to accomplish this.

I got to thinking about this Monthly Mission and realized that I did this for fun, but someday (with the current economy) I may have to do this out of necessity. I will continue to build my stockpile - not only to save money, but to be there when times are tough and we need to cut back. I know we will never go hungry and that is a great blessing to our family.

The picture above is what is left of our food stockpile. (I reorganized it, I like it so much better!)I've still got plenty! I am doing some shopping tomorrow, but my list is surprisingly short. This challenge has helped me to use what I have and make it work and now I have formed a habit!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin