Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Cooking from Scratch

Cooking from scratch is/can be a huge money saver. I think it is a large part of the frugal lifestyle. There are many items where it is much cheaper to make the item from scratch - and most of the time it tastes much better. With our busy schedules, sometimes convenience wins.

I posted a poll for the month of May asking you how often you cook from scratch. Thanks to all who voted! Here are the results:


Most of you either cook from scratch daily or more than twice a week! Good for you.

Up until a year ago when I was working full time, I NEVER cooked anything from scratch. It seemed like too much of a hassle. I am finding with my part time hours, I am enjoying making things from scratch. This helps our budget and the family is happier too. I have also learned that many things I thought were so hard to make were actually very easy! I would fall under the more than twice per week category.

So how about you? Do you cook from scratch? Are you a convenience food junkie?

Also, please be sure to vote on the poll for June. I am interested to see the results!

-Michelle

1 comment:

Content Submission said...

I would fall under the more than twice per week category.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin