Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Works for me Wednesday - Toothpaste

If you do any shopping at Walgreen's you probably have a closet full of FREE toothpaste and will never have enough dirty teeth to clean!

I was recently having a conversation with a man from work and I was complaining about how dirty my wedding ring was. He told me that his wife cleans hers with toothpaste! I tried it and it worked great! It got me to thinking about what other great uses their could be for toothpaste.

I came across this article in Reader's Digest online and was amazed with all of the choices. You can read the article HERE.

The ones I have tried are:

-Clearing up pimples (this works great!)

-Cleaning my wedding ring

One that is not listed that I have done is use it as a temporary filler for holes in the wall - this was white toothpaste, but it worked surprisingly well!

I love finding new ways to use toothpaste, it works for me!

Looking for more great Works for me Wednesday ideas? Check out We are THAT Family!

-Michelle

4 comments:

Julie Bagamary said...

How do you get free toothpaste?

Us said...

I use it to clean my wedding ring too (before I lost it). But I read somewhere that it can scratch the diamond.

Frieda said...

Toothpaste is great for cleaning shoes. Just use a little toothpaste and a damp cloth and polish away marks on white dress shoes and grass on tennis shoes.

SavingSomeGreen said...

Julie - the short story is I can get FREE toothpaste by combining sales with a coupon. There are other ways like combining coupons with register rewards at Walgreen's. Read Playing the Walgreen's Game in my sidebar to find out more about that. :)

Elisa - I hadn't heard that the toothpaste can scratch a diamond. That doesn't quite ring true to me because isn't a diamond the hardest substance? If it can scratch a diamond why wouldn't it scratch our teeth? Just a thought :).

Freida - great tip. I'll have to give it a try! I happen to have some grass stained tennis shoes right now!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin