Friday, June 12, 2009

Monthly Financial Check Up


This year I set some small financial goals for our family. So far we have been doing pretty well. You can read April's update HERE. Here is the run down for May...

Grocery Spending - I report on this EVERY week, but my goal is $2,600 for the year or $50.00 per week. As of the end of May our spending was $1,291.74. It is a bit over for that point in the year, but I am really happy with it. Last year I spent over $6,000 on groceries!

$1,000 Emergency Fund - This is still going strong. I love having the money deducted from my paycheck! The balance as of May 31st was $448.17.

Car Savings - this is a weak point in my plan. I wanted to have $2,500 saved by the end of the year. By the end of April I had $81.24 in the account. Ick! The current balance is $158.61 so I almost doubled it. I don't see how I can make this goal by year end, but maybe there will be a miracle :)! My in laws are having a yard sale tomorrow so I put a TON of stuff in it. Hopefully I will be able to infuse this fund with some extra cash!

Christmas Savings - I am still having $20.00 per paycheck put into this account. I have been picking up items here and there for Christmas out of this account. The current balance is $127.64.
So that's how it is going. I am pretty happy with the results so far. I hope we can keep it up and get some more money over to that blasted car savings!
How about you? How are you doing with your financial goals?
-Michelle


2 comments:

* said...

We're doing well. We've been putting off buying a new TV for years now and finally this past week bought the set we wanted. It replaces the 15 year old one we've been using. We're happy that we waited until the technology got better and the prices got cheaper.

SavingSomeGreen said...

Good for you! Doesn't it feel good to save for something and buy it when it really makes sense?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin