Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Toy Rotation - Works for me Wednesday

I don't know about you, but my kids have a lot of toys. Most of them were purchased at yard sales, were gifts, or were hand-me-downs but they are great toys that I am just not ready to get rid of.
I don't, however, want my home to be overrun with toys.

My solution?

Rotate them!

I have three toy buckets that I purchased very inexpensively at Fred Meyer when my son was a baby and I started accumulating toys. I keep one in his room and two in our storage room. Every few months I put the one in his room into the storage room and take one from the storage room and put it in his room...and so on. The red bucket below are the toys I rotate, the blue tub are Legos (can't rotate those!).

Every few months he feels like he has new toys because he hasn't seen them in so long. I love this solution, and best of all...it works for me!

Check out Rocks in my Dryer for other cool Works for Me Wednesday ideas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We rotate too. I also keep a bin of baby toys for company and grandbabies.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin