Tuesday, December 23, 2008

FREE Calendars!


The new year is upon us and some of you may be wondering if you should buy a calendar.

The answer is NO!

Every year many places offer calendars for FREE. After all, what better way to advertise than on something that is hung up in the consumer's house for a year! Here are a few of them (quantities are limited, so act fast if you want one of these):

  1. Your bank or credit union - just ask the next time you go in to make a deposit.

  2. Your insurance agent.

  3. Ocean Spray is offering a FREE 2009 recipe calendar which also includes $5.00 in coupons (this is valid in Canada only!). Check it out here.

  4. Get a FREE calendar from Time Warner cable here (you must be a current customer and enter your account number).

  5. Xerox wants to give you a FREE calendar, check it out here. You must fill out the form and check "Please send me print samples and the new 2009 calendar."

  6. Get a FREE 2009 Kids Hemophilia calendar here. This calendar is filled with kid's artwork.

  7. Register with Oriental Trading and receive a FREE calendar. Check it out here.

Do you know any other great places where you can get a FREE calendar? Please share!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Time Warner one requires an Account number.

SavingSomeGreen said...

Thanks Nancy! I didn't see that. I'll add that to the post.

Thanks,
Michelle

Gabrielle said...

My favorite calendars are the Simon Dewey or Greg Olsen ones. I think they are really nice and they hang in my kitchen where everyone can see them.

My frugal tip with regards to these is I buy them typically the 1st week of January at Desert Book. They always have extras and are 1/2 price or less. This year I found mine early at Costco for 1/2 price. My grandma got one for Christmas cause I know she'll LOVE it.

Not free . . . but nice.

Michelle @ My Gluten-free Kitchen said...

Michelle,
Every year I receive a calendar in the mail here locally that is full of coupons for local businesses. Depending on where you live in the Boise/Meridian area, there are different coupons. Then you can pick up more at any Chicago Connection Pizza. So you can stop by different ones in different parts of town to get other coupons if you want, though I haven't ever actually done that. Last year, our ladies group from church went bowling for fun, and there was a Westy's coupon in there. So one gal stopped at a Chicago Connection and got like 5-6 more calendars so we could have more.
So you might be watching for that. I haven't received mine yet, but hopefully it will come in the next few weeks.
Just wanted to let you know in case you didn't know about that one!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin