Saturday, January 17, 2009

Chicken Quesadillas

I love quesadillas, in fact I LOVE any sort of Mexican food. I could eat it every day! I never knew the secret to making good quesadillas - until I did some research online and found that if you butter it on both sides (a la grilled cheese sandwich) and fry it it comes out crispy. YUMMY! No more microwave quesadillas for me!

When I make them, I am usually throwing together some random ingredients that I have hanging around in the fridge - so feel free to improvise with whatever you like. .

Chicken Quesadillas
1 boneless skinless chicken breast (cooked and cooled) - you could also used some cooked, cubed chicken breast if you have it laying around.

1/4 c. salsa

1/2 c. grated cheese (any kind you like)

Pulse in your food processor (or chop the chicken finely and add the other ingredients and stir together). This will make it almost like a paste. Spread 1/2 of it on 1/2 of a tortilla (you can increase or decrease the amount you spread based on your tastes).Fold the tortilla in 1/2 and butter one side, place in pan butter side down and butter the top side.Fry grilled cheese sandwich style until it is golden brown and cheese is melted.Enjoy!

For more great recipes, check out the Grocery Cart Challenge's Recipe Swap!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin