Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Mom's Famous Oatmeal Cookies

I love oatmeal cookies. It makes me feel like the cookies are a little bit more healthy - although I know they are not. My mom made these all the time when we were kids and I just loved them. I am not a fan of oatmeal raisin cookies, so I always add chocolate chips.

Famous Oatmeal Cookies


3 c. oatmeal

1 c. flour

1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. baking soda

3/4 c. shortening

1 c. packed brown sugar

1/2 c. white sugar

1 egg

1/4 c. water

1 tsp. vanilla

chocolate chips


Heat over to 350. Grease cookie sheet. In a medium bowl combine oats, flour, salt, and soda. In a larger bowl beat together shortening, sugars, egg, water, and vanilla until creamy. Add dry ingredients to the larger bowl mixture and mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.


Now I make these cookies for my own kids.

I think they love them as much as I do!

For other great recipes, check out The Grocery Cart Challenge's Recipe Swap!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin