Saturday, January 10, 2009

Taco Bean Dip

I had to share this recipe because it is super easy and super good. I just made some the other night and I should have taken a picture before it disappeared :). But I didn't. I got this recipe from a friend several years back and I have tweaked it from time to time for our family's taste.

Taco Bean Dip

1 can refried beans

1 cup + 1 T. sour cream

1/4 cup mayonnaise

1 T. taco seasoning

1 cup grated cheese

1 small tomato, diced

olives

Mix together refried beans and 1 T. sour cream. Spread in the bottom of a pie plate or 8x8 pan or dish. Mix together 1 c. sour cream, mayo, and taco seasoning. Spread on top of refried bean mixture in pie plate. Top with grated cheese, tomato, and olives.

This is how we like it, but for variety you could add green peppers, chopped onions, green onions, or whatever you like. The original recipe called for a whole packet of taco seasoning, but that is pretty tangy for our tastes, so we toned it down quite a bit. We have also used fajita seasoning with great success.

For other great recipes, check out the Grocery Cart Challenge's Recipe Swap!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin