Monday, August 18, 2008

I hit the jackpot!



Okay, not really, but close! Tonight we went to family day at the Western Idaho Fair (a.k.a. Money Gobbler) and had a great time. The best part of all is that there was a booth where they were selling subscriptions to our local newspaper - the Idaho Statesman. I have been waiting for a great deal on the Sunday paper ever since I got into couponing a few months ago. I could purchase a Sunday/Holiday subscription online for $2.17 per week. It seemed like I could do better, especially since my husband goes up the street every Sunday to a paper machine and can get it for $1.50. Anyway...I talked to the man at the booth and asked what the Sunday/Holiday subscriptions ran these days. To my sheer delight they were running a special where we can get the paper for $1.00 per week and they can start it this Sunday. Not only that, I also got two nice FREE hardcover books for signing up. One is scenic drives across the country (gorgeous pictures) and the other was a recap of the Boise State Bronco's perfect season two years ago (which was awesome by the way). And one last wonderful thing - they were giving away free papers - so I asked if they happened to have yesterday's (Sunday) paper - and they did! Two more coupon inserts for me. WOO-HOO! So, here is my plan...I will be giving the books away as gifts for some events coming up (great money saver) and I will be enjoying my CHEAP subscription for the next six months! Life is good!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin