Friday, August 7, 2009

Recipe Swap - Bacon, Eggs, and Rice

For some reason I had an abundance of leftover rice and I was trying to think of something fun to make with it.

I started rummaging through the fridge and found a few pieces of bacon that were already cooked.

Hmmm...

Then some great memories came flooding back...my dad used to make bacon, eggs, and rice when I was a kid and I loved it. It was always a special treat. I'm sure my dad just sat back and smiled when we all wolfed it down because it is super cheap to make and super easy and a great way to use up leftovers. Win, Win, Win!

So I decided to make it - and it was just as good as I remembered - so now I am going to share it with you.

Bacon, Eggs, and Rice

3-4 pieces of bacon - cooked, and cut into small pieces (you could use leftovers, cook raw bacon then cut it, or cut raw bacon then cook it)

3-4 eggs (or 2 or 5 whatever your preference is!)

2-3 cups cooked rice (again, however much you want!)

Beat eggs, add to a hot skillet. Stir around until partially cooked. Add bacon and rice. Stir until heated through.

Enjoy!
-Michelle

I have to say I love this recipe swap - Gayle at The Grocery Cart Challenge hosts it every week. Please check out the other recipes and share yours too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YUM! This looks delicious!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin