- Place the pork roast in the crock pot
- Add 1 T. vinegar and 1 T. worcestershire sauce to a measuring cup and fill the rest with water.
- Pour mixture over pork roast.
- Sprinkle pork roast with your favorite seasoning. For us it is Montreal Steak Seasoning - we love this. We got one of the huge honkin' ones from Costco a few years ago and we are slowly but surely working our way through it. If you haven't tried it before, you should.
- Cook on low for 8ish hours.
We eat it this way the first night - it basically just shreds apart.
For leftovers I have tried:
- Making my quesadillas replacing the chicken with pork.
- Shredding then adding BBQ sauce (which there is a lot of in my stockpile!), serve in a burrito or on a bun
- When it started to get a bit dry, I once shredded it and added mayonnaise and made a sandwich out of it (like a tuna sandwich) it was delicious.
I must say, I love the frugality and versatility of pork roasts - it works for me! We are THAT Family has some other great Works for me Wednesday ideas HERE. This week the theme is back to school ideas...this doesn't apply to me yet...hence the Pork Roast Post!