3 roma tomatoes - $.67 (which is funny because I didn't think the tomatoes in my garden were quite ready yet, the next day I was able to pick two roma tomatoes from my own plant!)
2 heads cauliflower - $2.73
several broccoli crowns - $.92
Green onions - $.50
1 coke zero - $1.39 (used FREE coupon I got from My Coke Rewards)
4 peaches - $1.57
1 cantaloupe - $2.59
1 bag "mojo mix" trail mix - $2.99 (clearanced)
Net OOP: $12.77 Albertson's was also good to me - however - there is some debate about the items in the rebate. I'm still going to send mine in and see what happens. My transactions did generate a rebate slip. Here is what I got:
2 Velveeta cheese cups - $2.00 (used B1G1FREE coupon) = $1.00
1 distilled water - $.99
1 Nilla wafers - $3.00
2 Kraft mayo - $5.00 (-$2.00 coupon) = $3.00
1 Ritz Cracker + 1 pkg wheat thins - $5.00 (used buy Ritz get Wheat thins FREE) = $2.50
1 log? velveeta - $5.99 (-$1.00 off coupon) = $4.99
1 Digiorno flatbread - $2.50 (-$.75 off coupon) = $1.75
1 California Pizza Kitchen - $2.50 (-$1.00 off coupon) = $1.50
1 beef roast - $5.35
2 pkgs ground beef - $5.32
Used my 3 $5.00 catalinas from last week
Net OOP: $16.66 + I got a $5.00 catalina back and may receive a $20.00 rebate!
So my total for the week was $29.43. My total for the year so far is $2137.75. My goal is $2,600.00 for the whole year so that means I only have $462.25 left and there are about 20 weeks left in the year that only give me just over $23.00 to spend each week! YIKES!
So, to even things out my goal/challenge for next week is to spend only $5.00 OOP. With the following needs:
- I only have one gallon of milk - so I will need at least 1 gallon this week, maybe two.
- We are down to 2 rolls of toilet paper. We use Scott and each roll lasts us about 1 to 1 1/2 days.
- I just pulled my last loaf of bread out of the freezer - so I will need to make and/or buy some bread this week.
I have in my arsenal.
- Some good Alberson's scenarios to get FREE groceries and/or catalinas back.
- a $5.00 register reward my mom gave me because "she always forgets to use them"
Wish me luck. I am going to need it!