Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Works for me Wednesday - Using Cooked Cubed Chicken

A few weeks ago, my Works for me Wednesday post was about how I cook and freeze chicken for quick meals. A reader left a comment wondering what I do with the cooked chicken...good question! I use it all the time.

Here are a few ideas:

Chicken Quesadillas

Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole or Chicken and Stuffing Casserole

Chicken Stroganoff - Heat 1 packet of cooked cubed chicken breast, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 packet of onion soup mix, and 1/2 c. sour cream until heated through. Serve over egg noodles or rice.

Chicken Helper

Tortilla Wraps - use cooked cubed chicken (warmed in the microwave) and a tortilla to make a variety of wraps. Cesar: Use lettuce, Parmesan, and Cesar dressing. Ranch: Use lettuce, tomato, and ranch dressing. Southwestern: Use cheese, lettuce, tomato, and salsa. These are fun to make and eat!

These are the ways we use our cooked cubed chicken most often - it is such a huge time saver and it works for me!

Check out Rocks in my Dryer for other great Works for me Wednesday ideas!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Mmmmm! Great ideas. I need them since chicken has taken over my freezer. :)

na said...

I hadn't thought about freezing cooked chicken before now...great tip!

Anonymous said...

I freeze cooked turkey as well.

I use my leftovers in sandwiches, chicken and ham crepes, chicken devan, chicken caccitore, chicken curry, and chicken a la crescent, as well as in soup.

Anonymous said...

I have made your chicken quesadillas twice now. These are so easy and delicious! My husband told me to make them anytime. He even took some for lunch the next day. I look forward to trying the chicken stroganoff and the tortilla wraps. Keep those recipes coming!

SavingSomeGreen said...

Jen L, that makes me so happy! I love that the ideas I'm sharing are being put to good use :)! Thanks for sharing!

Kelly said...

hehe, that was me asking! ;-) I need help when it comes to cooking meals... I don't have much imagination. So good tips, thanks!
I know this sounds silly, but I wouldn't have thought of doing wraps - and I really like that idea! I think it's cuz I wouldn't have know what flavor combos to use... gotta try some now!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin