Friday, September 25, 2009

Motivation

I was feeling a little unmotivated this morning, but I had so much to do. You know those days? I hate them.

Anyway.

I posted a status update on Facebook that said:

Michelle is in need of some motivation...

About an hour later I got back on my computer and checked Facebook and received one response to my request for motivation. My uncle who I honestly don't know very well and have only met a few times in my life left the most uplifting response that truly changed my outlook:

Obviously you have forgotten who you are: The daughter of heroes, the wife of a saint, the mother of miracles, and the friend of multiple admirers. If that doesn't motivate you then think of the magical body you have that has articulating fingers, binocular vision, the heart of a lover, the vision of a friend, and a child of God. I could go on but by now you should be tuned in. Go rock your world!
It made me realize how often I get bogged down with life that I take for granted what a miracle life really is. I am blessed beyond measure. I am all of those things and I have all of those things. I have so much to be grateful for. Reading that truly did change my day. It made me want to be a better person, wife, mother, and friend. My mundane life didn't feel so mundane anymore. I have a purpose. I hope I can pray I can live up to more than a portion of what God have been me with.

From now on when I am feeling down, sad, lonely, unmotivated I will remember these simple and powerful words then I will go rock my world!

1 comment:

Us said...

I saw this and thought wow, who is this noble man Michelle knows?

I thought about printing these words and putting them on my refrigerator. I think I might still do just that!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin