Saturday, February 21, 2009

Porcupine Meatballs

This recipe is a family favorite.


1 lb. ground beef

1/2 c. uncooked rice

1/2 c. water

1/3 c. chopped onion

1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. celery salt

1/8 tsp. garlic powder

1/8 tsp. pepper

1 15oz can tomato sauce

2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce


Mix meat, rice, water, onion, and spices. Roll into balls and place in ungreased 9x13 pan. Mix tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over meatballs. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15 minutes longer or until done.


Enjoy!


Check out the Grocery Cart Challenge's Recipe Swap for other yummy recipes!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been using you (and I mean in a good way). You've given me a number of recipes to try recently. I'm adding this to my list, and most likely to my menu this coming week. However, you left me hanging. Are you making these to go into spaghetti sauce or sub sandwiches? I'm crossing my fingers you have a cool side dish suggestion for me!

SavingSomeGreen said...

This is actually a main dish all on its own. I don't have any awesome side dish suggestions, we always have these with a baked potato and salad. You might try twice baked potatoes or baked potato fans to make it a bit more creative. I posted about those here:

http://savingsomegreen.blogspot.com/2008/12/frugal-friday-uses-for-potatoes.html

Good luck - I'm so glad you have enjoyed my recipes!

-Michelle

Anonymous said...

The meatballs sounded like a meal in itself. So a baked potato and salad works for me! I'm not good with side dishes so I'm always curious to see what works with the main dish.

I know what we're having for tonight! Thanks!

Krisi and Adam said...

Put these on my menu this week. Looks (ok sounds) yummy!

Chelsea said...

We are having these for dinner tomorrow night. Do you mind if I post your recipe on my blog?

SavingSomeGreen said...

Shultzybabe,
Feel free to post this recipe on your blog. Thanks for asking!

-Michelle

Blog Widget by LinkWithin