This is 6 pounds of ground beef that I have divided into 13 meal size portions for my family! I usually brown half of it and bag it as is, then make 1 meatloaf, and either taco meat or sloppy joes with the rest. I bag all of them into individual ziploc bags then put all the bags into a one gallon bag in the freezer. Here is what I was able to get this time:
2 bags of sloppy joes (2 meal sized portions for all of us)
3 bags of taco meat (3 meal sized portions for tacos or taco salads)
7 bags of cooked ground beef
This saves so much time!
Here are some quick meals you can make with a bag of ground beef:
- Hamburger Helper - read what I recently wrote about how to dress up a boxed dinner here.
- Spaghetti - add to a jar or can of spaghetti sauce
- Haystack Casserole - a family favorite, get the recipe here.
- Taco Soup - also a favorite, get the recipe here.
- Beef Stroganoff - Thaw ground beef, add a can of cream of mushroom soup, a 1/2 c. of sour cream, and 1 envelope onion soup mix. Heat through, serve over noodles, mashed potatoes, or rice. Yum!
I love the convenience and time savings this provides, it also allows me to stretch my meat budget by pre-portioning meals. Also, say it with me...it works for me!
Check out Rocks in my Dryer for other great Works for me Wednesday ideas!