- Watch a movie to watch after the kids are in bed, have cheap/free snacks, pop some popcorn. (use a FREE Redbox code, grab a movie from the library, or swap movies with a friend)
- Take and nice long walk and talk with each other. This is good for your body and for your marriage!
- Take the kids to a friends house and go home and have a nice quiet dinner. This is an actual dinner my hubby prepared for me as a surprise. He even borrowed his parent's table linens, candelabra, and china!
- Spend an evening taking pictures of each other with the digital camera. We have done this so many times, it can get really silly!
- Pack a picnic and eat it in the backyard, living room, or go to a park.
- Find a book you both want to read and spend some time reading it out loud to each other.
- Read this article I shared early on in my blog about some other fun date ideas - some I have tried, and some I haven't!
Friday, January 30, 2009
I love my kids just as much as the next mom, but one of the good ways to make a marriage strong is to date. Alone time without the kids always recharges my batteries! When you are trying to keep to a tight budget, sometimes dating can fall by the wayside. Just going to dinner and a movie could set you back almost $100.00 including paying the babysitter! With a little creativity, you can still date your spouse and spend little to nothing doing it. Here are some of the things we do: