Thursday, January 8, 2009

Weekly Shopping Trip

This week was a good shopping week for me. I was able to get some great deals, some staples, and was able to stock up on a few things. Yay!

My first stop this week was Walgreen's. Here is what I ended up with:

2 Smart Balance butter - $3.98

3 Hunts tomato sauce - $1.00 (w/in ad coupon)

1 Garnier Fructis hairspray - $2.99

2 Palmolive dish soap - $1.58 (w/in ad coupon)

2 Softsoap - $1.98 (w/ in ad coupon)

2 Quaker Oatmeal - $3.98 (w/in ad coupon)

1 Twin pack contact solution - $6.99

2 Walgreen's water bottles - $3.98 (there is a story here)

1 Reynolds aluminum foil - $.99 (w/in ad coupon)


Total before MFG coupons and tax: $27.47


Coupons I used:

1 $1.00 off Reynolds

2 $.35 off Softsoap

2 $.25 off Palmolive

1 $1.00 off 2 Smartbalance

1 $.70 off 1 Quaker Oatmeal (I had two, but it didn't get scanned, I don't know what happened to it :(.)


Net OOP: $23.34


About the water bottles -they were supposed to be $1.99 each or 2 for $3.00. When I got home I saw that only one of them rang up on my receipt. I went back to pay for it and the second one (because there was only one in the transaction) was $1.99. They are way cool, though. I was looking for a weekly pill case for my husband and I saw these - they had a pill case in them and some other samples. I had been wanting a decent water bottle anyway, so it was a win-win. Here is all the stuff that was inside:

Chapstick

Lotion

4-pack crayons

Weekly Pill Container

Hand sanitizer spray

Kleenex

My next stop was Albertson's. I am so proud of myself for exercising restraint. I just did one of the P&G deals and picked up all of their coupons specials (eggs, cheese, potatoes, etc.). They also were doubling up to 3 coupons per transaction, so that was cool too. I split my purchases into two transactions:

1 six pack diet Coke - $3.34

2 Green Giant Vegetables and sauce - $5.00

2 Honey Nut Cheerios - $4.00

1 Multigrain Cheerios - $2.00

2 Progresso Soup - $4.00

1 Chex Mix - $2.00

2 Yoplait Kids Yogurt - $5.00

1 Pantene Shampoo - $3.33

1 Pantene Conditioner - $3.33


Total before coupons and tax: $32.00


Coupons I used:

2 $1.10 off Progresso printables (You can still get one here. Hit your back button and you can print it twice!)

2 $1.50 off Yoplait Kids printables (You can still get one here. Hit your back button and you can print it twice!)

1 $3.00 off 2 Pantene

1 $1.00 off 2 Cheerios I got here.

1 $1.00 off 1 Multigrain Cheerios I also got here.

1 $1.00 off Green Giant bagged veggies I also got here.

1 $.50 off Green Giant

1 $.50 off Chex mix

For my doubles, I thought they would choose the three lowest coupons to double, but the cashier I went to just doubled 3 of my $1.00 coupons, so they took off an additional $3.00.

I also used my $10.00 in Albertson's gift cards I got here.

My net OOP: $8.54 + I got my $15.00 in Catalinas


For transaction #2 Albertson's had a ton of store coupons that were really good. I was glad to be able to take advantage of them!

2 Albertson's Eggs - $1.98 (w/in ad coupon)

4 Jolly Time popcorn - $4.00

2 Albertson's butter - $2.98 (w/in ad coupon)

2 Kelloggs Rice Krispies - $3.34

6.5 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast - $12.16

1 Albertson's 2 lb Cheddar Cheese - $4.99 (w/in ad coupon)

1 Albertson's 2 lb Mozzarella Cheese - $4.99 (w/in ad coupon)

2 5 lb bags potatoes - $2.50

Total before MFG coupons and tax: $36.94

Coupons I used:

2 $1.00 off 2 Jolly Time I got here.

$15.00 catalinas from Transaction #1

2 $1.00 off 1 Kellogg's

$3.00 for double coupons

Net OOP: $16.98!

Last stop - Fred Meyer. They sent out some coupons earlier last week for some FREE salad and some other low price stuff, so I went to check it out. Here is what I got:

2 1/2 gallons Whole Milk - $2.00 (w/in ad coupon)

1 1/2 gallon Orange Juice - $1.00

2 Fresh Express Salads - FREE (w/mailed store coupon)

1 Colgate toothpaste - $.99 (w/mailed store coupon)

1 Kroger Pepperoni - $2.50

Total before MFG coupons and tax: $6.49

Coupons I used:

1 $.75 off Colgate

Net OOP: $6.13

So I was over budget this week - not by much! My total OOP was $54.99. I will subtract that from next week's budget.

Check out some other great shopping trips at The Grocery Cart Challenge or for other Drugstore trips check out the Centsible Sawyer's Drugstore Divas!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wow you did a great job! I don't usually shop at Walgreen's but that water bottle is a great deal!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin