Saturday, January 3, 2009

Scalloped Potato Recipe

Okay, so when it stared getting cold I thought it would be fun to start a blog series called Souper Saturday and share a soup recipe each week while the weather is cold. I have run out of recipes for soup, so I am just going to share a favorite recipe on Saturday. I just made this last night, it was not on my menu plan, but it just sounded better than fried potatoes, and I had a lot of potatoes that needed to be cooked - PRONTO!


Mom's Scalloped Potatoes

2 cans cream of mushroom soup

1/2 c. milk

8-10 potatoes, peeled and sliced

1 medium onion, chopped

butter

salt and pepper


Layer your potatoes and onion in a 9x12 casserole dish. Combine the soup, milk, and a dash of salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes in pan. Dot with some butter (as much or as little as you want).

Bake covered with foil for 45 minutes, remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes at 350.

(You can also add ham, cheese, and/or a touch of sour cream and make these into a main dish!)

Looking for more great recipes? Check out The Grocery Cart Challenge's Recipe Swap!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin