Saturday, December 20, 2008

My $5.00 Bag of Pecans

I wanted to post about this because I hemmed and hawed about spending $5.00 for a bag of pecans. I wanted to make some Pecan Tassies, and the bigger 16 ounce $5.00 bag was the best per ounce. It actually ended up being a good purchase.

I made my Pecan Tassies for Thanksgiving and my company Christmas party. I also use them to make some TO DIE FOR brownies, and I still have a ton of pecans left left. The moral of the story is...my $5.00 bag of pecans went a long way and is still going.

Here are some great recipes (I have tried) that you can make using pecans:




Brownie Caramel Pecan Bars


Mom's Butter Toffee


Enjoy!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I know what you mean about how expensive these are - I make a pecan pie for my bro-in-law for Thanksgiving. Every year I try to be on the lookout for deals, even buying in bulk is not always cheaper. I think that nuts can be frozen though so the next time I see a deal it might be worth it to stock up! These "Tassies" look delicious - where did you get a mini tart pan?

SavingSomeGreen said...

Hey Elizabeth,
It isn't a tart pan, just a standard mini muffin pan. The tart shaper is the secret, though. I got mine from Pampered Chef, but I think you can get them anywhere.

-Michelle

Blog Widget by LinkWithin