Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Cleaning - Day One

So today was the first day of my spring cleaning challenge. It ended up being a crazy day, but I did get some done.

My sob story...I worked until 5:30, then my husband was running late picking me up (we have been having car trouble, so we have been with one car for about 3 months! It has been fine :)!) so I walked home. It is about 1.5 miles, which isn't bad, but I brought my coupon binder to work to sort coupons on my lunch hour - so I hauled it home in a backpack. I was so tired because I already worked a full day! Then I decided I needed to use my Albertson's double coupons, then I went to Walgreen's, then I went to Fred Meyer. Do you think I am within my budget???? Stay tuned, I'll post it later this week.
I decided to only do my daughter's room tonight because my son's room looked like this:


Nice.
Here are some before pictures of my daughter's room:
Eww...dried milk!

Piles of junk!
Behind the crib. This made me laugh. So...that's where all the socks are :)!

And...after:



I thought I took a before picture of this one, but I didn't. This is a pack and play that I keep set up all the time with the changing table insert and the bassinet insert in place. It is very handy storage!

Stay tuned the rest of the week to see how much I am able to get done. I work tomorrow so I think I am going to save my son's room until Wednesday.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job on all that you accomplished AND for walking 1.5 miles! :-)

Lisa said...

My desk looks like your son's room. :)

I absolutely LOVE the dresser in your daughter's room...that is gorgeous!

SavingSomeGreen said...

Thanks Sabakose. It felt good to accomplish the room and the walk! In fact I walked home today by choice. It was a great way to unwind and enjoy the awesome weather we have been having!

Lisa, ha ha - wait until you see pics of my desk! Thanks about the dresser...would you believe it was a FREEBIE! A co-worker gave it to me along with the crib before my son was born!

-Michelle

Blog Widget by LinkWithin