Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Works for me Wednesday - Consignment Shopping




I have mostly purchased clothes and other items at yard sales and have generally had good luck. Most of the time, though, I don't find items that are in "brand new" condition. I have recently discovered consignment for purchasing items for my kids. My daughter was outgrowing her church shoes and I looked at several places for some new ones. Most of them were over $10.00 and I just couldn't bring myself to pay that.


I went to Other Mothers here locally a few weeks ago and it happened to be the last Saturday of the month when they have their $.25 sale. I got a sweater, a skirt, a pair of pants, and a tank top for my daughter for $1.00! I was really happy. I also got 2 pair of sneakers, a pair of sandals, and a pair of dress shoes for a total of $12.00. They were all in brand new condition. While it was more that I would have paid yard saling, I was pretty happy.

A friend e-mailed me about an upcoming consignment sale in the Boise area on April 25th (that's this weekend!). Apparently they do these once in the Spring and once in the Fall. You can check out the details about this AWESOME sale here.

So, I must say I love consignment shopping. It works for me. Find out what works for other bloggers by checking out We are THAT Family!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin