Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Works for me Wednesday - Peanut Butter Sandwiches

My husband is funny. He could care less about certain things and he becomes obsessive over others. Peanut butter sandwiches are one such item he becomes obsessive over. When we first got married he informed me that I made peanut butter sandwiches wrong.

I made them like everyone else...peanut butter on one side, jelly on the other. That is normal right? One problem with making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich this way is that the jelly soaks through the bread if it is packed in a lunch box. Ewwwww.

I started making sandwiches his way and I have never gone back. It is simple. Spread your peanut butter on one side as normal. Spread a very light layer of peanut butter on the jelly side like this: and put your jelly directly on top of that. Peanut butter is so oily that it stops the jelly from soaking the bread! So easy and...

It works for me!

Want more great ideas? Check out We are THAT Family!

-Michelle

3 comments:

Wade's World said...

My husband also told me that I made PB & J wrong. I did it the exact way you used to, but his family was a "mix the peanut butter and jelly" kind of family, and now it's the only way I like my sandwiches.

Good tip though!

Niki Jolene said...

Wow, I thought I was the only one! I can;t wait to tell my hubby I am not crazy!

LOL

:)

Us said...

Great idea!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin