This week on We are the THAT Family the Works for me Wednesday topic is Frugality. I tried to think of a fun topic to share. I wanted to share some exciting, creative, amazing way we save money. All I could think of was nothing. Nothing. NOTHING!
What I mean is...one way that you can be frugal is to do nothing.
That may sound odd...but a lot of my philosophy about frugality is not about what I do...it is about what I don't do.
- I don't go to movies in the "expensive" theatres (Did you know that it is $9.50/person in my area!).
- I don't run to the store every time I need an ingredient for a recipe. I improvise...or don't make it.
- I don't spend my whole paycheck as soon as I get it. I let my credit union allocate some of it to my savings account for me. I do nothing.
- I don't go grocery shopping every week. Okay, that's a stretch, but still not going grocery shopping once in a while saves money!
- I don't get manicures, pedicures, regular haircuts, or massages.
I could go on and on...but I won't! What I will say is that many of the things we do to save money and be frugal are active, creative, and time consuming. Then there are some things that take no time at all! Do nothing!