Saturday, May 2, 2009

Weekly Shopping Trip

Okay, so I didn't technically go shopping last week. I picked up a few items for our trip, but I didn't take it from our grocery budget, I took it out of what I budgeted for our small vacation. This helped to bring me back in line with my $2,600 budget for the year. I have spent $1122.70 so far for the year - the figure I posted last week wasn't up to date with Quicken, but now it is. This also included what I purchased this week. There have been 22 weeks so far this year so this ends up being about $63.00 per week. This isn't bad, but I know I can do better. I know that I can do this. Limiting myself to $50.00 has been difficult. I have been able to catch up, but some weeks $50.00 doesn't go that far...like this week! I spent $104.63! I did get some major stock up items and diapers (I used my last diaper on my daughter last night and I had to go to WalMart at 11:00 pm!).

So here is the scoop for the week:
Albertson's on Tuesday (before their last awesome sale was over!)

6 cans enchilada sauce - $7.50

2 cans beans - $2.50

2 gallons skim milk - $4.00

1 family pack pork ribs - $7.78

1 family pack chicken breast - $7.09

3 pkgs ground beef - $8.34

Used $5.00 off if you spend $30.00 coupon I got in the mail.
Got $4.00 off for spending $10.00 on the Old El Paso stuff.

Net OOP: $29.91 + I recieved a $3.00 catalina for chicken or beef on my next purchase. I wish I knew that the Old El Paso would generate that because I would have purchased my meat in a different transaction! But I have it for next time.
My dad took me to Costco on Wednesday. He paid and I paid him back so I don't have the receipt. The total was around $33.00.

I got I got a ginormous box of 500 ziploc baggies for $7.99

A huge salad mix for $1.99

An enormous bag of Red Star yeast for $5.49 (or $3.99) or something

A humongous box of 700 baby wipes for $15.49 (I think?)


Then I was super excited to have enough Swagbucks to have $35.00 to spend at Amazon.com. I used it to by 40 rolls of toilet paper. My net cost was $3.50! You really should sign up for Swagbucks - you could get FREE toilet paper too :)!

Finally it was my nemesis...Walmart. I don't know why I hate going there, but I do. I had to buy some diapers at 11:00 pm last night so I had no choice. I can't believe I let myself run so low! I was happy to find several great deals that my family will enjoy.

2 pkgs Luvs diapers - $13.94

2 bunches bananas - $3.00

4 tomatoes - $1.31

5 apples - $1.21

1 tillamook cheese - $5.50

1 Minute Maid limeaid - $1.00

1 Minute Maid lemonade - $1.00

3 pkgs Lender's bagels - $3.00

3 cans olives - $2.91

1 jar Nalley pickles - $1.76 (- $1.00 off coupon) = $.76

1 feta cheese - $2.37

Net OOP: $38.22

I am going to go easy next week. Probably just milk, eggs, and maybe some potatoes. We are pretty set for awhile :).

-Michelle

p.s. be sure to check out some other great trips on Money Saving Mom and Grocery Cart Challenge!

1 comment:

Jeff9 said...

Save money and the Earth and be clean at the same time! Get serious and add Bathroom Bidet Sprayers to all your bathrooms. I think Dr. Oz on Oprah said it best: "if you had pee or poop on your hand, you wouldn't wipe it off with paper, would you? You'd wash it off” Available at http://www.bathroomsprayers.com with these you won't even need toilet paper any more, just a towel to dry off! Don’t worry, you can still leave some out for guests and can even make it the soft stuff without felling guilty. It's cheap and can be installed without a plumber; and runs off the same water line to your toilet. You'll probably pay for it in a few months of toilet paper savings. And after using one of these you won't know how you lasted all those years with wadded up handfuls of toilet paper. As for water use a drought is always a concern and must be dealt with prudently but please remember that in the big picture the industrial water users always far exceed the water use of household users and in the case of toilet paper manufacture it is huge. The pollution and significant power use from that manufacturing process also contributes to global warming so switching to a hand bidet sprayer and lowering your toilet paper use is very green in multiple ways. Blog; http://jeff9.livejournal.com/932.html

Blog Widget by LinkWithin