Saturday, March 14, 2009

Weekly Shopping Trip

This week was a pretty good week for me although I did go over budget due to some stupid mistakes on my part. I'll explain later. I was pretty bummed also because I was not able to get the diaper deal at Walgreen's. They didn't have the sizes I needed and they didn't have any wipes. I went twice, but I know it was a pretty hot deal and I am happy for those who were able to get what they needed :). Here is how I spent my budget this week:

First stop - Fred Meyer. I have been really impressed with their deals lately and this week was not exception:




1 15# bag potatoes - $2.49

1 bag Fritos - $1.67

2 gallons milk - $3.98

2 lbs asparagus - $3.49

4 onions - $.79

2 Roma tomatoes - $.36

1 pkg bacon - $1.99 (clearanced)

2 2# cheese - $7.98 (w/in ad coupon)

2 FM butter - $2.97

3 loaves bread - $4.00

1 Suave styling gel - $2.79 (-FREE coupon) = FREE!!

Net OOP: $31.36

My next stop was Walgreen's and they didn't have any diapers at all (this was on Friday), but said they would have more on Saturday. I went Saturday and all they had were size 6 and 3 and no wipes. I only had $18.64 left in my budget so if I bought 3 pkgs of diapers to get the $10.00 RR it would have put me over budget. They didn't have any wipes that would keep me under budget, so I just decided to not get them. I actually have about a month supply of diapers right now, so it would have been nice to get the deal, but they I don't feel super disappointed. I still have the coupons...so hopefully there are some upcoming deals before they expire in April. Anyway, this is what I got at Walgreen's:

5 Garnier hair products - $14.95 (-2.00 IVC from Walgreen's EasySaver booklet, -5 $1.00 off coupons) = $.05 overage

1 mac n cheese crackers (filler item) - $.29

Net OOP: $1.16

Finally I went to Walmart - not my favorite place, but there were some good deals to be had. I had a coupon for some FREE delmonte peaches and I totally forgot to give it to the cashier. Then I bought some salad dressing that rang up wrong, the difference was only $.46, so I still would have been over budget, but I did get a lot of items for just over $20.00

2 dozen large eggs - $2.00

1 bag tortilla chips - $1.00

1 red onion - $.44

2 bunches bananas (my family was chowing down on them before I had a chance to take the picture :).) - $2.59

6 cans Ortega green chiles - $5.52 (-3 $.75 off 2 coupons) = $3.27

2 jars Nalley pickles - $3.52 (-$1.50 off 2 coupon)=$2.02

2 French's mustard - $2.00 (-2 $.50 off coupons) = $1.00

1 3# bag chicken - $4.98

2 cans Hormel chili w/o beans - $1.96 (-$.55 off 2 coupon) = $1.44

1 Ken's salad dressing - $2.24 (-$1.00 off coupon)= $1.24 (this was marked on the shelf for $1.78 I didn't notice the error until I got home)

1 Del Monte peaches - $.82 (this was supposed to be my FREE can, but I forgot to give the guy my coupon BOO HOO!)

1 pkg Huggies disposable changing pads - $2.82 (-$5.00 off Gentle care) = $2.18 overage! I had more coupons, but I wanted to see if this would work. I might go get more!

Net OOP: $20.39

My total for the week is $52.91 - $2.91 overbudget, which I will take from next week's budget!

Don't forget to check out Money Saving Mom, Centsible Sawyer, and Grocery Cart Challenge for other shopping trips!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle,

I didn't even try the diaper deal. You've heard my boo hoo Walgreen experiences so I didn't even try.

However, FMeyer was good to me the other day. I used the $5 gentle care coupon on two hard tubs of wipes. They ended up being just a few cents. Then I bought a refill (cause I didn't know they'd let me use them on the tubs and got the refill a huge bag for $1.50!) I thought it was great!

Gabrielle

Nena said...

Hey Michelle,

If you look at my blog you will see all of my size 1s and 2s and even newborns (my son wears a 4) I plan to exchange them all once the stores are all restocked! Bummer though :( Still you can use the $5 coupons at WM or Target on the big packs of wipes that are 5.99 and get them for .99, still a great deal!

And $3.49 for 2 lbs of asapargus!?! That is awesome! Here I have been lucky to get 1 lb for under $5! Awesome!

Hope all is well!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin