Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Works for me Wednesday - Love my tongs!

This may seem like a no brainer, but I LOVE tongs in the kitchen! For some reason we never had them growing up. I saw Rachel Ray using them on an episode of 30 Minute Meals. So I asked myself, why don't I have any tongs? I bought some at the $1.00 store and I have had them forever! I use them all the time.
Here are some of the ways I LOVE to use my tongs:
  • Salad (obviously)
  • Flipping anything - steak, chicken, etc.
  • Getting to things I can't reach in my cupboard
  • Handling raw chicken (gross!)
  • Getting the neck and innards from the inside of a whole bird (ewwww!)

I LOVE my tongs and they work for me!

Head on over to We are THAT Family for some more great Works for me Wednesday ideas!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

I use tongs for everything too!! I'm short and have really high cupboards. They are the perfect tool I think.

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I love my tongs too, however, I never thought of using them with raw chicken! I usually give the job of washing and cleaning out the raw chicken to my hubby, well now maybe I can do it myself!

Thanks!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin