Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Works for me Wednesday - Toaster Oven

I am in love with my toaster oven and I am not afraid to admit it. I use it all the time. It is the BEST kitchen appliance I have! I didn't start out feeling that way. My husband grew up with a toaster oven and I never had one growing up. It was one of the items that we HAD to have when we got married (according to him). I resisted because I thought we would never use it. Boy, was I wrong!



I love my toaster oven because...
  • I can make perfect toast - 6 slices at a time!
  • I can reheat things without them getting soggy (like in the microwave)
  • I can bake in it! I have made cookies, biscuits, etc. It's great because it doesn't heat up the whole kitchen.
  • It is perfect for making a small batch of anything where you would normally use the oven - chicken nuggets, oven fries, tater tots, fish sticks, etc.
  • I love it for tuna melts and English muffin pizzas
  • I love making garlic toast. I always make this with spaghetti. Put a light coating of butter on piece of bread, sprinkle with garlic salt and parsley. Toast until golden. YUMMY!

I could go on and on, but I won't. I'll just say that I love my toaster oven and it works for me!

Check out the new home of Works for me Wednesday - We Are THAT Family!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I grew up with a toaster oven too. But I just got one at age 36 of my own. I don't know how I lived those many years without one. They are the best. And I can't wait to use it in the summer and not have to turn the oven on in the heat.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin