Monday, October 20, 2008

Monthly Mission - Bakery Thrift Store

I went to the Hostess Bakery Thrift Store on Saturday to pick up a couple of loaves of bread. The total was $4.24. I am now left with $11.62 for the month. 11 more days in the month, I am still optimistic that I can make it to the end of the month only spending $100.00, but I will have to get creative! The one item we can't live without is milk. For $11.62 we can get about 4 gallons of milk, but doesn't give me wiggle room for anything else. My plan is to use powdered milk (we already have some) exclusively for cooking for the rest of the month.

To learn more about my monthly mission and my purchases so far this month, click here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
You're doing awesome with your monthly mission. I'm sure you'll be able to make it.
:-)
Gabrielle

SavingSomeGreen said...

Thanks Gabrielle - it definately been a challenge, but I think we are going to make it :). The encouragement helps! I appreciate it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin