Tuesday, October 14, 2008

White Bean and Chicken Chili

I FINALLY made the White Bean and Chicken Chili from my Souper Saturday post this past week.

Holy cow - it was sooooo good!

I made a few changes though and didn't make it in a crock pot as directed. I also cut the recipe in half. Here is what I did...

I put:

1 can white northern beans (drained and rinsed)
2 cans chicken broth

in a medium sauce pan and simmered for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile I sauteed:

1 onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (minced)

in Smart Balance butter. I added:

1 4oz can of diced green chiles to the frying pan with the onions and garlic then added it to the beans and broth.

Then I added about 1 cup of shredded chicken and 1 Tbsp. ground cumin.

Then I just simmered it for about 45 minutes.

It was so good - and my husband (a non-soup lover) loved it too!

Next time I am going to make a much bigger pot!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin