Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Works for me Wednesday - Playdoh Recipe

Being home with the kids can sometimes turn into an old boring routine. Why not spice up the old routine by making some playdough? My son could play with playdough for hours, and hours, and hours on end.

My Mom used to make Playdough for us as kids, but it was always really salty and grainy (no offense Mom:)). I found this awesome Playdough recipe a few years ago and I will never purchase Playdough or make the salty grainy stuff again!

Best Playdough Recipe Ever

1 c. flour

1 c. boiling water

2 Tbsp. cream of tartar (if your local store has a bulk food section like our local Winco, you can get this super cheap!)

1/2 c. Salt

1 Tbsp. vegetable oil

Food coloring of your choice

I love this playdough recipe. It is fast, cheap, and it works for me! Check out Rocks in my Dryer for other great Works for me Wednesday ideas!

2 comments:

CZ said...

My daughter spent most of the morning playing with her homemade playdough. I haven't made it but her grandma sends it home with her! Thanks for the recipe.

Nancy said...

Hi Michelle, have you tried adding in Kool-aide? Makes for interesting colors and Smells great!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin